Sunday, November 9, 2008

My new mobile life on an iPhone

Ok!!! Now I have an iPhone 2G - "Unlocked". I have had an iPhone earlier in the US. I sold it and went back to a always dependable "blackberry" because of a list of reasons.

With the launch of App store and the iPhone OS upgrading to 2.0 I thought I will give this a try. Being a blackberry poweruser, I will update this blog often as I have embarked my new mobile life on an iPhone 2G in India.

I am not really clamouring for a 3G phone because of few simple reasons

  1. There is no 3G network in India
  2. I like the brushed aluminium look on iPhone 2G panel than the 3G
Carrier I am using : Airtel
(It is soooo much better than Vodafone in terms of coverage and customer service. I am mean Vodafone really suckz)


If you have an "unclocked" iPhone, it is not officially supported. You get a free (500MB) data plan if you had bought the phone from Airtel, Since mine is an unlocked phone I have to activate the GPRS and there is only one plan which is for Rs 249 plus tax.

No comments: